Now Register your Company Online in Sri Lanka
No more time delays no more wasting time at the queue in ROC! The registrar of companies has launched the e-ROC Digital Platform to start your own business right now in Sri Lanka where you can Online Company Registration in Sri Lanka.
Steps for Registered You Private Limited Company
Step 1 – Name reservation
Firstly, we suggest that you take your time and carefully choose a name for your company that is relevant and suitable. Searching for a unique company name can be done online through the website of the Department of the Registrar of Companies.
Step 2 – Company registration
Once your company name is approved, you should receive an email with the name approval number.
The E-ROC system generates ( 03 out of 04 documents needed for incorporation automatically )
- Form 01 – Registration of a Company
- Form 18 – Consent and Certificate of Director
- Form 19 – Consent and Certificate of Secretary / Secretaries
Along this Articles of Association should be prepared manually by your company secretary which the e-roc system doesn’t generate automatically. Once you download the incorporation documents from e-roc
- Verify the details provided by you in the documents are accurate
- Get the signatures from the Initial Directors of the Company
- Get the signatures from the Initial Shareholders of the Company
- Get the signature from the Initial Secretary of the Company
- Once the documentation and signature part is over upload the Documents to E-ROC for Incorporation
- Once the Company got Incorporated you should manually apply for Certify Copies of Articles of Association and Form 01 manually by visiting Registrar of Companies as the E-ROC system is still under developing
The time period takes for an Incorporating a company is largely subject to E-ROC and the Stability of E-ROC online system All forms should be printed or typewritten. (Section 475). Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Step 3 – Public notice and preparing seals and certificates
A company shall within thirty working days of its incorporation under this Act, give public notice*of its incorporation, specifying
- The name and company number of the company
- The address of the company’s registered office.
NEW COMPANY REGISTRATION EVENTS IN SRI LANKA (TIME TABLE)
1. Applying Company Name Reservation application with e-ROC (01 DAYS)
2. Checking the Name Reservation application status with e-ROC
3. Once the name is approved/reserved by e-ROC, we will prepare the registration documents.
4. The signing of documents by all directors & shareholders.
5. Submission of registration documents to e-ROC for registration of your new company.
6. Notice of Registration from e-ROC (5 DAYS)
7. Public notice and preparing seals and certificates.
8. Obtain the Tax Identification Number (TIN).
I. The above timetable is only evaluated in view of Digital Road’s past encounters managing e-ROC for successful company registrations and it is however largely subject to any delay from e-ROC and the stability of e-ROC’s online system.
II. Failing to submit the registration documents to e-ROC within the 3 months period, such an approved name will then be opened to the public for reservation.
III. A company should give public notice of its incorporation within 30 working days of its Incorporation under this act specifying –
A. The name and company number of the company.
B. The address of the company’s registered office.
IV. Registration documents will be sent to you via emails or any convenient way suggested by you for Signings.